Tuesday 11 June 2013

Player Profile - Reise Allassani



The fourth in our series of player and fan profiles on the blog and once again through the power of Twitter. 

Reise Allassani


The academy star has been mentioned as one of the most talented players to come through the Crystal Palace youth system in these past few years. High praise indeed for Reise who has represented England at U16 level and was part of the team that won the Victory Shield in 2011. He scored a wonder goal from outside the box against Wales on his debut.

We put a few questions to Reise and here are his answers.

1. When did you start playing football and how did you end up at the Palace academy?

"I can't really remember when I started playing Football but when I was 8 I was playing at a summer camp outside of Selhurst Park and I got offered trials for Palace and have been there ever since."

2. What is it like at the Palace academy, perhaps you could give us an insight?

"It's good. Some of my closest friends are in my team which is good and everyone knows each other well due to coming through the lower age groups together. We're also really close to the 1st team which is also a good thing."

3. Do you think that you can follow in the footsteps of Wilf Zaha?

"Wilfried did great things for the club and it would be great if I could replicate what he's done. If I get a chance, take it and do well you never know what could happen."

4. Apart from yourself, who do you think will break through to the first team from the academy?

"Hiram Boateng."

5. What team do you support?

"Arsenal!."

6. Which two players, past and present, do you most admire and why?

"Leo Messi and C.Ronaldo. I like Messi because of his dribbling, he's small like me but is still able to do all he does and Ronaldo because he's the complete athlete and he's so direct and always scores goals."

7. Which first team player do you look up to for inspiration?

"Jonny Williams."

8. What do you like to do when you are not training, playing or studying?

"I like chilling out with my friends, shopping and playing ps3 ... Fifa king ;)."

9. How did you feel when you were first called up to represent England and what is it like playing for your country?

"It was amazing, playing and making my debut for England was and still is the proudest moment of my life. It feels good because its a reward for good form and it's good to experience different challenges against different teams."

10. And finally, just for fun, if you were stuck on a desert island and all you had is an iPod with three tracks on it, what would they be?

"Wretch 32 - Blackout. Chris Brown - Fine China. Chief Keef - They Know."

The Eagles Beak would like to thank Reise for taking part in our latest Q&A session. We wish Reise all the best for the coming season and look forward to following his career with interest. Click here to follow him on Twitter ReiseA10

No comments:

Post a Comment